Thursday, May 9, 2013

Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Age: YA
Pages: 360
Publisher: Spencer Hills Press
Publication Date: 11/6/12


History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time.
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

GGAAHHHHH The ending of this book!!!!!!!! I am soo mad! I need to know what happens next, the wait for Apollyon is killing me. I was a little unsure of how the author was going to pull this novel off after the cliff-hanger in Pure, but Jennifer really out did herself with this novel.  Each books gets better than the last.  The plot gets more complicated with each novel. The characters become more and more complex and realistic.  And best of all there are so many twists in this book.  I can honestly say I never saw them coming.

I was happy to see less typing errors in this novel.  As much as I loved pure, the typos in the book really drove me crazy.  This book starts out slower than the others in the series, but novel picks up rapidly around the middle.  Even with the slowness the book was still amazing, and the ending more than makes up for the beginning’s slowness.

I love characterization in this novel; she does an amazing job with the development of her characters. They are all very believable. Without spoiling anything I must say I am so mad about Seth.  I had just started to like his character… that’s over now.  Aiden is as dreamy as ever.  If there were teams I would defiantly be team Aiden.  I was happy to see his relationship with Alex flourish.  And Leon is seen in a new light.  I must say I had never really cared for him in the other novels, but he is becoming one of my favorite characters.   

This book was truly amazing.  I love this series. Ever book has a mind blowing cliff hanger. It just might be my favorite read of 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment