Saturday, October 6, 2012

Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon #1) by Anna Banks




Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Age Group:YA
Pages: 336
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date: 5/22/12

Galen, a Syrena prince, searches land for a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. It’s while Emma is on vacation at the beach that she meets Galen. Although their connection is immediate and powerful, Galen’s not fully convinced that Emma’s the one he’s been looking for. That is, until a deadly encounter with a shark proves that Emma and her Gift may be the only thing that can save his kingdom. He needs her help—no matter what the risk.

First off, I’m just going to say I LOVE the cover!  It’s so pretty.  I think that is what first attracted me to this book.  By the synopsis of the book I wasn’t sure what to expect.  I like mermaid books but I was a little hesitant about reading this book.

From the moment I started reading this book I loved it.  It was an amazing book that was wonderfully written.  I loved the alternating viewpoints (which I normally hate).  The only thing that I would have liked to seen was the name or something at the beginning of chapters because it could get a little confusing on whose point of view it was.

 This was one of those books that I just couldn’t put down.  The main characters were funny and made me laugh.  I loved being able to read their thoughts.  I had to laugh at some of her similes and metaphors.  The secondary characters were my favorite by far Toraf and Rayna.  They truly made the book.

I must say I had a feeling about the twist and turns in the book.  That didn’t make the book bad though, surprisingly it did the opposite.  I had a feeling on what was to happen but it only made me anticipate the ending more.   I’m really glad she is making a second book because I couldn’t leave the ending the way it was.  I need to know what happens!

1 comment:

  1. When I read Of Poseidon the ending caught me off guard as well I was like "no, no, no you can't do this, no way." I couldn't believe the ending but I will have to admit that it was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete