Sunday, July 22, 2012

Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles



Return To Paradise by Simone Elkeles
Age Group: YA
Pages: 302
Publisher: Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
Publication Date: 9/28/2010


Caleb Becker left Paradise eight months ago, taking with him the secret he promised to take to his grave. If the truth got out, it would ruin everything.

Maggie Armstrong tried to be strong after Caleb broke her heart and disappeared. Somehow, she managed to move on. She’s determined to make a new life for herself.

But then Caleb and Maggie are forced together on a summer trip. They try ignoring their passion for each other, but buried feelings resurface. Caleb must face the truth about the night of Maggie’s accident, or the secret that destroyed their relationship will forever stand between them.

I had high hopes for this sequel, and it did not let me down!  I have not read a book by Simone Elkeles that I have not liked.  I love the way she writes.  I normally hate alternating point of view stories, but the way Simone writes them the book never gets dull or boring, and it adds to the story.   Without having both Caleb and Maggie’s point of view the book wouldn’t be anywhere near as good.  This book takes place eight months after Caleb leaving Paradise and the characters change a lot in that time, and continue to change throughout the whole book.  It was really interesting to see the characters grow and develop.  Maggie in particular becomes more outspoken, and confident then in the first book.   So much happens in this book and so many new characters come into play, and many of the old characters come back.  I was glad to see some of the characters mend their relationship, and some leave them broken.   I cannot say too much more without giving away the book, so I will just say I loved this book and would recommend it to anyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment